August 4, 2020
Oak Island sustained significant damage along the beachfront during Hurricane Isaias. Staff has been working to respond to emergency calls and is reviewing the damage, and the Damage Assessment Team will be out this morning as well.
Electricity is out on Beach Drive, Dolphin Drive and Pelican Drive. The sewer vac stations along the beachfront are down.
Please avoid any unnecessary travel until we’re sure lives are no longer in danger and property is safely secured.
Here is the latest information from the Town of Oak Island regarding Isaias:
- Town Hall will close at 4:30 pm on Monday, August 3rd and will re-open on Tuesday, August 4th at 10 am. We will resume regular business hours on Wednesday.
- The Oak Island Fishing Pier will close at 5 pm on Monday, August 3rd and will re-open at 6 am Wednesday, August 5th.
- Oak Island’s Par 3 will also close at 12 pm on Monday and re-open on Wednesday morning.
- Parking decals are not being issued until further notice.
- For more announcements, click here.
- Trash collection is on its normal schedule for Monday and Tuesday, weather permitting. If needed, trash will be rescheduled for Saturday, August 8th collection and will resume the regular schedule on Wednesday August 5th.